Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Thoughts for the End of the Blogging Day…

Good Vibes!

George is doing exactly what I would be doing if I bought an old car and had some expendable income.  Today, he bought a mechanical buffer and spent the afternoon buffing his paint job on the Caprice.  It looks really good and he may not even need to repaint it.

“You should have come with me last night!” George said of yesterday’s poker night out.  “We had a good time.”

I’ve told George many times I’ve always felt uncomfortable being the only white guy there and I always have this feeling that the shot house is on the verge of being invaded by the police.  It is a den of unsavory sorts and illegal opportunities.  

Charlie’s been by with my medications.  I gladly took them.  I had told him yesterday of my new love for Snicker’s candy bars and he brought two king sized bars and two Coca-Colas.  

“You look so good!” he told me before leaving. “And I just love the way you’ve redecorated the den.”

Charlie is a kind soul and a good friend.  He is more like family to me than my own uncles and aunts on mom’s side of the family. 

SHE’S ALIVE!!!

I’ve called mom and dad’s house all day hoping they would finally be home.  I finally left a message telling mom to call me when they got in.  Mom called just a moment ago.  I have never been so relieved in my life.  I always feel out of sorts when they leave me here at the house by myself.  I worry about mental illness emergencies. 

“Your father left without me yesterday,” she told me. “I’ve been asleep all day.  Sorry I haven’t answered the phone.  Come and get your Cokes.”

“Yee Haw!”  I exclaimed.  I was so excited.  Mom laughed.  I have such a simple and base life.

I drove over and mom was on the back porch still in her pajamas putting out my cokes.  I told her of all the hamburgers I had left over from last night.

“Will you go bring me two so I can warm them up?” she asked.

I laughed, glad to help her.  “I will be back in a second.”  I went and got mom two double cheeseburgers and took them back to her.  I sat at the kitchen table and watched her hungrily eat.  I was hungry for company myself.  I sometimes wish Maggie could talk.  I felt a hundred percent better just knowing mom was home.

4 comments:

Summer said...

The small and simple things in life are usually the best.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Summer, that is exactly what I was going to say! Seems that no matter how much you spend on a gift, your kid will always be much more entertained by the empty box!

Love ya, Andrew!!

Grannie

justLacey said...

Honey a simple life is the best life. Believe that. So glad to hear you are improving every day and that mom was home and in good company.

Joy Heather said...

give me a simple life everyday & i'll be happy...glad you are feeling better Andrew.