Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Thoughts at the End of the Blogging Day…

I’ve had a long day.  I’ve pushed my boundaries today and I think for the better.  I made it to Lagrange for the 6pm Big Book AA study.  I was extremely nervous.  I managed to make it to the 45 minute mark when I thought I would have a panic attack and drove the long drive home.  I was proud, though.  That was a big accomplishment for me.  AA is very scary – a social nightmare for me.  I am now going to lay on the bed and rest while I listen to the radio.  I am tired. 

7 comments:

Lena said...

Way to go blogger friend. Most things worth doing are hard. You inspire me to get on the stick and do the things that are hard for me that I am avoiding.

Take good care.

justLacey said...

Good going! One step at a time. It's the little victories that keep us going.

Summer said...

I'm proud of you for making the attempts that you do. I know how difficult it is.

pattycakes said...

good for you andrew , i know how hard it is , most of us are also battling something or another too
hang in there , you can do it and maybe u can inspire george to go with you and quit drinking too
have a good sleep :)

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Tears of joy! How proud you should be . . you faced some of your greatest fears this afternoon and did it very well, Andrew! I am so happy for you.

Don't try to do too much all at one time . . ease yourself into it. It's really possible to go too far too fast. We don't want to overwhelm your system.

Stay on the path, my friend!

Love ya,
Grannie

Sharyna said...

I am glad you made it to AA. I'm glad you made it back home! You're doing good. Baby steps!

Joy Heather said...

Well Done Andrew..that is a real achievment...i agree with the others a step at a time...but you have dome so well to get that far yesterday