Friday, March 12, 2010

My Thoughts at the End of the Blogging Day…

The Topic du Jour These Days…

George is obsessed with sex.  George is also obsessed with my lack thereof.  He thinks a major cause of my various mental illnesses is that I am “all backed up”.  It is something his father always told him when he was a young man.  A myth.  “You get backed up and it will drive you crazy.”  I’ve heard it before in my 37 years on this Earth. 

“You know how to get laid your way?” George told me after the failed whore experiment the other day.  “Get a job in fast food.  Those skanks would be all over a clean cut, nice looking young guy like you.  You keep talking of getting a job down fast food way.”

I laughed.  “So you think it’s that easy?” I asked.

“Tell ‘em your daddy’s rich and drives a BMW,” George then said. “Those chicks be simple minded like that.”

“Whatever George,” I said scoffing with a smile on my face.  George can be so silly yet serious at the same time.  I needed a laugh though and George provided tonight. 

A Quiet Day…

It’s been a mostly quiet day at Andrew’s Casa other than George’s visit late this evening.  I feel better mentally than I have in a few days.  Helen’s meal was kind of strange though.  I’m not much one for the giant lima beans dad loves and the yellow saffron rice Helen prepares for her family all the time.   I told dad tonight I wanted fried okra next week and he said it was a done deal.  We are also going to have fried chicken livers dad said which I will not eat.   I have just never, ever acquired a taste for them.

Tomorrow is my niece's birthday.   Mom, dad, Charlie, and family are going to Birmingham.  They are hiding it from me, but I found out.  Mom let it slip saying dad was still mad at me for drinking his two bottles of wine.  Sometimes, I think dad is ashamed of me and my mental illness.  We would have to bring extra medications for me to take for me to go.   And my social awkwardness.  That is a whole ‘nother matter.  

3 comments:

justLacey said...

That's funny I heard too much masturbation makes you crazy when I was a kid. If you don't miss it, don't let George make you think you do. Along with sex comes many complications.

pattycakes said...

love the new purple leaves picture
hope your day is going well , i know how hard much of life must be . glad ur father didnt say anything about the wine to you. hes probably afraid you will lapse back into it again. its tough being on both sides , remember he loves you no matter what :)

Joy Heather said...

I hate chicken livers too..just the thought makes me feel bad...George is so funny but a bit of a male Chauvanist at the same time. I'm so glad you are feeling much better mentally Andrew..i'm sure you will be back to normal very soon.