Thursday, March 18, 2010

From 50mg a day to 25mg a day isn’t working so well.

Basically, my anti-psychotic was cut in half with this last injection Tuesday.  Did my sex drive start to come back?  A resounding yes.  But at a very high price – the  cost of my sanity.

I called my family doctor Wednesday and he agreed to give me something to sleep until I felt better.  He also ordered a CAT scan of my brain and lots of blood work to determine the levels of my medications in my blood stream.  Dad came by last night and gave me an injection.  Within thirty minutes, I had never felt so comfortable, peaceful and relaxed.  Dad had great trepidations about giving it to me.  

8 comments:

Beth said...

So glad you're okay and getting help. I know how tricky meds can be -- we're still working to get my daughter's adjusted. We all were worried about you! Hang in there.

amelia said...

Glad to have you back!

kristi said...

Glad you are better!

Berryvox said...

Heh, I don't blame your father. My mother is a diabetic and I cringe at the thought of giving her an injection. Glad you're okay.

pattycakes said...

happy to see you online again. we all missed you and worried about you . it must be tough being you . i wish you only the best . have a good peaceful rest :)

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Take good care of YOU and Maggie! We missed you and it was only a couple of days that you didn't give us something to read! I think maybe you understand now just how many of us really do care about you!

I'm so very glad that you understood you were in trouble and called the doctor. Excellent decision making there, my friend.

"See" you tomorrow!
Love ya,
Grannie

justLacey said...

Glad you are back. I was so worried. Meds are tricky, especially the kind you have to take. Hopefully things will get back on track and you will be feeling better soon.

Joy Heather said...

So very glad you are back Andrew, i hope you get your meds sorted very soon & things get even better.