Friday, March 19, 2010

My Thoughts for the Day…

Time for a Z-Pack…

006 copy “Dr. K called me tonight,” dad told me during our medication ritual yesterday.  “Your CAT brain scan results came back.  He was worried about brain tumors, but you have the worst sinus infection he has ever seen in the thirty years of his practice.  No wonder you’ve been miserable.  Apparently, you’ve had lots of pressure on your brain.”

I sighed with relief.  I was also worried about tumors.  I was exhibiting some of the classic signs.  They run in the family.  Dad and my doctor started me on a Z-pack of heavy duty antibiotics.  I already feel better this morning with lessened pain and pressure on the right side of my face.

Earlier in the week, mom and dad took turns with staying with me at night.  Mom called me after I had regained some of my sanity and said, “You would just start talking in your sleep like someone was there besides me.  It scared me.  You were really acting crazy!”

Helen Friday…

Dad is getting Helen to cook fried chicken livers today.  I used to love fried chicken livers dipped in ketchup.  Somehow, I have lost the taste for them over the years. 

“Get Helen to cook some fried chicken fingers as well,” I told dad last night.  “I don’t much care for livers anymore.”

“Be sure to put some chicken livers on my plate, though,” I then told dad. “Maggie loves them.”

Dad smiled and said he would.  I can’t wait until 3pm rolls around and I get to eat my chicken fingers and country vegetables. 

9 comments:

Summer said...

Sinus infections are the pits. I hope you feel better and enjoy your meal this afternoon.

impromptublogger said...

Glad to hear you're doing better. I took off a day last week myself due to a sinus infection. My doc several years ago told me to try taking Claritin or another antihistamine to stop the sinus infection before it starts since it's due to springtime allergies. However, with all the meds you take I don't know if it would cause any bad interactions.

Sinus infections really turn your brain into scrambled eggs too! So I can see why you weren't too rational and also why you tried some self-medication. I hope that this will bring you back.

Big hugs

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Yow - sinus infections are really a pain! I'm so glad they went ahead and checked everything else while you were there! At least you don't have to worry too much about what it "might" be.

Get well soon - Maggie has miles of grass to sniff!

Love ya,
Grannie

forsythia said...

Wow! Glad it was "only" a sinus infection. Yipes! They're bad enough. Get well soon.

Joy Heather said...

I am really glad you have not got to worry any more about tumours..no wonder you didn't post for a few days!!...i know Sinus Infections are nasty..but at least they will be gone in a few days..you must feel relieved..Hope you enjoyed Helens meal today..i hate chiucken livers myself,,but love fried Chicken.
Enjoy lots of walks with Maggie when you are back to normal...she as a lot of walks with Daddy to catch up on..have a good wekend Andrew..Take Care of yourself & Maggie.

Sharon said...

I sympathize, I had a sinus infection not long ago. They aren't fun! I hope you feel better, take good care of yourself. :)

C.A. said...

Hope you're feeling better today, friend.

I've given you a blog award, here:

http://iamlittledynamite.blogspot.com

It was supposed to be on to Bloggers who make us happy, and you do that with every post!

Happy Day....

C.A.

Sharyna said...

I had a sinus infection that caused my eye to swell shut like I had been punched! Hope you feel better...

Marsha said...

Feel better. Hug Maggie!!! Have a great day.