Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Thoughts for the Day…

I Hope You’ll Stick By Me…

I’ve been bereft of words lately.  I’ve been sleeping way too much.  I have oscillated from not sleeping enough to sleeping all the time.  Sleep, I have determined, is the great escape. 

Mom and dad have been very kind to me during this latest flare up of my mental illness.  Mom calls me constantly and dad is doing things he has never done before.  This morning dad brought me some treats in two king sized Snicker’s bars and two regular Coca-Colas.  I was like a kid at Christmas.  It was the greatest thing I felt to happen to me in weeks.   Mom, not to be outdone by dad, went and bought me a whole bag of said candy at the grocery store.

“I thought your father was going to get on to me. That candy was expensive,” mom said over the phone this afternoon.  “He was just glad you are eating and gaining weight.”

I weighed 191 this morning.  The most I have weighed in about a year.  It is still so novel fitting into clothes I have carried around for years and unable to wear until now though. 

My schedule dictates Maggie’s schedule to a certain extent, so she has been sleeping a lot as well.  We all pile in the bed and wrap up in the covers after turning the air down.  Just one, big, happy, crazy family…

9 comments:

kristi said...

Hope you feel better Andrew!

kristi said...

Hope you feel better Andrew!

Joy Heather said...

Its good to read you are putting a bit of weight on Andrew...hopefully not too much though or you may feel poorly again..Its good your Mom & Dad are there for support and that you are one big happy family..i hope this flare up calms down soon and you can get out and about with Maggie again...that will be good for both of you i think..once you feel bette of course..you certainly sound happier & thats great..Take Care.

forsythia said...

Wow, you have to turn on the "air" already? It must be hot down there. Here in Maryland, the nights are still cold, but the daytime temperatures are nudging 70.

Hope you feel better and better with each passing day.

justLacey said...

Isn't it amazing how tough times kind of force us to appreciate the little things more? I am glad you are feeling better. I am sure you can use the rest as you weren't sleeping much for quite a while. When your scale regains it's balance you will feel much better. I have been worried about you. I hope you continue to do well. We are all right here waiting for you.

Happyone :-) said...

Happy Spring Andrew. I hope you are feeling better. Try a little walk, maybe that would help. :-)

Sharyna said...

Of course, I'll stick by you; you're my friend. And BTW, I'm glad you decided not to drink anymore. Not to guilt you, but when you drank those 2 bottles of wine after 4 years, I almost went back out with you. But I didn't. But I was close...

jane said...

i'm not leaving. ever. i was worried sick about you last week as if you were a family member. we love you and we're pulling for you.
jane

Sharon said...

You're stuck with us, whether you like it or not! LOL. Seriously, we're here for you. Just know that you are supported and cared for, even if we are strangers to you. Take good care of yourself.