Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Thoughts for the End of the Blogging Day…

Why Hello! Yes, I am Poor.  Help Yourself to What I Have to Offer…

031110_0066 copy My home reeks of “poor.”  My house is in serious need of repair on the outside.  I look like one of the gang for the poor people who travel down my street in between the two very poor minority neighborhoods that sandwich mine.  Well, another person’s vehicle broke down in front of my house today.  Did they go to my neighbor’s home across the street? No, they came to me – the poor house on the street.  I guess I just look approachable.  I sighed as I watched this all unfold in front of my house this afternoon.   I haven’t felt well today.

“Can you fill this jug with water?” The older black lady asked as I opened the door after pleasant hellos and smiles and pleads for help.  “My radiator is leaking.”

Her tangled mass of weaved hair on her head intrigued me.  It looked like Medusa’s mane.  I could picture it springing to life at any moment.    I pointed to the spigot on the side of my house and told her to help herself.  I closed the door and sighed again.  I wasn’t comfortable until I saw her drive off with steam still escaping from under her hood.  My social anxieties had skyrocketed.  

There is a Disturbance in the Force Young Canine…

About noon, I was reclined in my Lazy Boy at my computer listening to music just about to drift off when Maggie growled while she lay on the bed.  I got up to check the front door and no one was there.  Maggie followed me to the backdoor.   I looked out the door’s windows and there was the meter reader coming through the fence.  “Oh crap!” I thought. “Here we go! An hour of barking!”  The meter reader invading Maggie’s backyard is akin to Satan defiling the Holy Sanctum.   Maggie stuck only her head out the dog door and then looked back inside at me like, “HOLY SHIT!”  I couldn’t help but laugh.  An hour of maddeningly loud and frenetic barking ensued.      

5 comments:

Angel said...

Andrew, I don't know if you remember me. I used to be a loyal reader. I just started my blog up again and was wondering about you. I'm happy to see you are still here:)

And your house doesn't look poor. It looks like a perfect picture of America.

glittermom said...

MY 2 dogs start barking when they hear the UPS brown truck anywhere on my street...It can be way down the street and they go crazy...Watch out if he stops at my house...

zirelda said...

You'd laugh if you saw our house. We've been working on it for four years now and it still looks like the junkiest house on the street.

Ah well. At least we have a place to live. I'm not going to complain.

Joy Heather said...

Your House looks lovely Andrew...i could show you some pics of really poor housing..when you feel better in yourself..you'll feel better about everything. When i am at a low point..i just dont want to do anything and my house reflects that, folk can tell me its fine until they are blue in the face..but i dont believe them...until i'm back to normality again...all your blogging friends(sorry i know you dont like that word at the moment)are worrying about you...have you contacted ayone yet..Doctor etc ?..or even gone for a walk with Maggie...she should be showing off that new haircut to everyone.

LM said...

The header picture is just beautiful, Andrew. You are so talented.