Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A Busy Household and Don’t Tell Tales…

The alarm went off this morning at an early 6:30am. I yawned as I pulled on some sweat pants and exited the bed.

“Sweetheart? What are you doing getting up so early?” Tracy asked sleepily as she sat on the edge of the bed getting up as well.

“I have my injection this morning,” I replied chirpily and in good spirits. “I am going to take a shower before you have to and get on the computer for an hour before I have to go.”

I slept so well last night and it was a blessing.

I took my very quick shower so as not to use all the hot water and ate a granola bar for breakfast. Soon, it was time to head on down and get injected. I was quite together this morning and dressed smartly.

Dad was telling the pharmacy employees interesting stories about me and my mother when I arrived – some of the antics we have committed over the years.

“Don’t tell them all that!” I said exasperated. 

“I can tell one on you!” I then said. “You slept with your mother until you were thirteen!”

Everybody laughed and asked me if I was serious.

“I am damn serious,” I replied haughtily.

That clammed my father up! He prepared my injection and sent me on my way. I was still smiling when I got in my car to head to Kamath Medical.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Tit for tat! Good for you...