Sunday, February 17, 2019

Andy? Did You Hear About this One?

I astutely put on some pajama bottoms and socks before I went to bed last night. I never know what time Charlie will be here in the morning so I was prepared. I hate going to the door in my underwear even though Charlie laughs. Charlie showed up at 9:11am and Tracy and I were still sound asleep. Maggie went bonkers at the knock on the door. Charlie even caught Maggie off guard.

“Oh shit! Charlie is here!” I exclaimed jumping out of the bed and heading to the front door.

Charlie had three sausage biscuits and two large diet drinks.

“Good morning, precious. How are you two love birds doing?” Charlie slyly asked.

I laughed and said we are doing fine.

Tracy ambled into the den in her pajamas. I was putting Maggie’s biscuit on the floor.

“Blink and it will be gone,” I said with a smile.

I showed Tracy the proper way to eat a sausage biscuit in the South as I put a liberal dollop of yellow mustard on my biscuit.

Fast Forward To Tonight…

“What time does Charlie and your father get here with supper?” Tracy asked me this evening.

“Between seven and nine,” I replied.

“I better get in the bathroom and put on some makeup and fix my hair,” she responded.

“You look fine, honey,” I told her fruitlessly.

I laughed thinking it was overkill, but it was important to Tracy.

Tracy is getting a box of that KFC Nashville hot chicken. I am getting a chicken sandwich and potato wedges, and Maggie is getting a box of chicken tenders.

2 comments:

Rita said...

I was just wondering how old Maggie is?

Andrew said...

Rita,

She's about 13 or 14 years old now. I am not exactly sure, to be honest.