Saturday, February 02, 2019

The Wash-a-thon…

I told my dearest Tracy that if she brought her car by this afternoon that I would wash it. I washed mine as well and got it sparkling clean. They were both filthy after weeks and weeks of rain and cold weather. Tracy was very thankful as she stood in the yard as I put the finishing touches on her sporty, black Volkswagen Beetle turbo. I told her to stay out of any puddles and I would wax it next weekend.

“It will shine like glass,” I told her as I eagerly smiled.

I am going to wax mine tomorrow afternoon as the temperature climbs during the day. It got up to 65° degrees today and felt almost balmy. I keep telling myself that spring is about a month and a half away. Mid march will bring yellow daffodils and forsythias. 

Tonight, I took a long, wanton walk through the neighborhood. I used to walk all the time and could walk great distances. I feel hobbled with the foot I broke several years ago. It makes me have a lopsided gait. Still, I put in a good effort and walked about two miles tonight. I expect it will get easier the longer in time duration that I walk. My legs and feet felt good as I sat down in the den to rest upon my return home. Maggie gave me a good sniffing over and I know she wished she could’ve come. I walked yesterday evening as well. I am trying to make a habit of it as I need the regular exercise.

If I write about Maggie two more times, then I will have written about her a thousand times on the blog. I thought of doing a montage of pictures of her for the event – the event of a millennial Maggie.

Now, I am waiting on Father Brown to end and for the Saturday evening Britcoms to begin. I’ve already seen this episode of Father Brown.

No comments: