Friday, February 22, 2019

How Do You Write About the Vagaries of Life and Make it Sound Interesting?

It is a tough thing to do on a night like tonight.

Tracy had class tonight. They have moved into the Baroque period and Tracy said she was listening to harpsichords on the drive home. I was delighted to hear that and told her I had more Baroque music on my computer in the computer room. I told her next will come the Classical period and then the Romantic period leading up to the 20th century.

“It is a quaint sound,” she said to me on the couch of Baroque as we debriefed.

“Quite distinctive!” I added. “And easy to recognize!”

Tracy appreciates the enthusiasm and help I have to offer for her class.

I cooked supper. We had spaghetti and meat sauce and a garden salad. It was pretty good if I do say so myself. I used my mother’s recipe which is always a crowd pleaser. You know anything that starts with sautéed in butter garlic, celery and onions is going to be good – your classic mirepoix minus the carrots.

Dad and Tracy both have to work until lunch tomorrow. I will be sleeping in with Wheezy. That cat sleeps more than any cat I’ve ever seen or it may be normal for cats to sleep so much. She keeps one eye open looking out for Maggie, though.  She recently discovered the dog door watching Maggie come and go and has been making short forays into the backyard. I am hoping we can dispense with the litterbox before long.

1 comment:

Myla said...

This was a lovely blog posst