Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Honey Do Projects…

Tracy has been complaining for weeks that my shower doesn’t get hot enough. At first, I didn’t know what to do other than call a plumber and that is expensive. I hated to get Charlie involved. Dad thought I was exaggerating when I would talk about it.

“I liked to have froze my butt off this morning,” she told me tonight. “It is like shards of ice prickling your skin.”

“I’ll see what I can do,” I replied, putting on my best mojo.

I took apart the faucet temperature and flow fixture and there was an o-ring and stopper regulating how hot the faucet water can get. It also had a plastic ring on it as well warning of too hot water. I moved it so you can get much hotter water flowing through. I put everything back together pleased with my efforts. It just took a plier and a screwdriver. The hardest part was getting the tight rubber o-ring to come off. 

“It’s fixed,” I told Tracy enthusiastically. “Be careful because it gets really hot now. If I knew it was going to be that easy to fix, I would have fixed it years ago. I have just put up with a lukewarm shower all this time.”

The shower should be hot and steamy in the morning much to Tracy’s relief and delight.

Sleepyhead…

God willing, I will be able to sleep in tomorrow morning. It is going to be so decadent. I will sleep until time to take my medications at noon.

2 comments:

Sharyn Bellah said...

They are made that way for safety. Check your hot water heater too. Only problem? Hotter water requires more electricity and if Tracy is like my sister, Cathy; well, watch the bill! LOL

So how is everything in Trandrew? Sounds like a video game land, doesn't it? So like Ben-ifer, and Shamy (Ben and Jennifer Afleck, Amy and Sheldon-Big Bang Theory) before you; you guys are Trandrew.

Need some Tracy pics!

glittermom said...

Will we get to see pictures of the two of you!