Tuesday, February 05, 2019

My Tuna Helper was a Hit!

Tracy got off of work at 3pm and headed to my house. I already had supper bubbling away on the stove. It has been so nice to have her so close by.

“Let me let it cool and thicken and then we will eat,” I told her of the tuna concoction as Maggie vied for her affections.

The recipe called for 3 tablespoons of butter, but I just added a whole stick for good measure. I also added an extra cup and a half of milk instead of the requested cup and a half of hot water. Next, came some of the most beautiful broccoli florets I’ve ever seen. I can thank Green Giant for that.

I fixed Tracy and I two healthy bowls and sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese on top. Yes, it was a bazillion calories, but you have to splurge sometimes. Tracy thought it was delicious and she is not a big fan of tuna. I used white albacore tuna instead of regular tuna so it wouldn’t be so tuna fishy.

“How is your music appreciation class going?” I asked Tracy as we cuddled on the couch after supper.

“We’re in the medieval ages and listening to Gregorian chant,” she told me.

I told her how much I love Gregorian chant and how angelic it was.

“Remember the three B’s,” I told her and she looked at me perplexed. “Bach, Beethoven, and Brahms.”

No comments: