Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Mr. Meaty…

Maggie started begging early this morning for something to eat other than her dogfood. I opened a can of Vienna sausages and warmed them up in the microwave. I set them on the floor in a paper bowl and they just vanished in a blink of the eye. That deemed her a hush puppy.

“I hope you’re happy!” I told Maggie brusquely.

I’ve got to find a way to get her back on her dogfood. She will act like she is dying, though, with incessant whining.

Last night, I drove over to my father’s house around 9pm. I was wanting some company and Tracy had left for the evening. Charlie was there when I arrived and I was excited to see him. I love to listen to my father and Charlie banter back and forth. It is music to my ears and often very comical. 

“I ate nothing but bananas when I was in Thailand during the Vietnam war,” he told us. “I couldn't stomach Thai food.”

Charlie was in the post office division of the Air Force during the war. He needed the G.I. Bill to pay for college so he enlisted.

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

My first husband was stationed in Thailand during Vietnam! He was there 1970-71, I believe. And he was Air Force too! His name is William Fowler and he always worked navigation/communications on the flight line. Run that by Charlie and see if we get anything, please? (Wouldn't it be weird if they had been stationed together!?)

Andrew said...

Sharyn, I will ask Charlie the next time I see him! That would be some coincidence!