Tuesday, February 05, 2019

In and Out…

I was a little early this morning when I arrived at the pharmacy to get my injection.

“I have to wait until nine to run it through your insurance,” my father told me.

I took a seat as this elderly lady took me under her wing and immediately started to make small talk with me. I was relieved when dad said my injection was ready. I made my way to Kamath Medical just down the highway.

“What do you do for fun?” Rebecca asked me grasping for answers this morning as I sat in an examining room.

“I play role playing games on my computer,” I told her. “They are much like interactive books. I can’t stand the run and gun type games that are so popular with the teenage and college crowd.”

“The kids keep me busy, but I like to curl up with a good book after they’ve gone to bed.”

I told Rebecca how industrious I’ve been about cleaning my house and car lately.

“I always say I am going to vacuum my car, but never get around to it,” Rebecca replied. “It is in pretty bad shape.”

When I arrived back at the pharmacy, Charlie was there. Charlie has the gift of the gab that I do not possess. When he steps in a room, he immediately becomes the center of attention. Charlie was there to pick up a prescription for Horsefly before he drove to Dadeville and work. 

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Can’t you father order it a day ahead so it will be ready ?

Andrew said...

Glittermom, he usually does that, but he was off of work yesterday and couldn't.

glittermom said...

Well I’m glad it worked out.