Sunday, February 10, 2019

Upside Down and All Around…

“Your sister and niece are here,” my father said over the phone this afternoon. “Come over to see them. We are about to eat some cake.”

Dad had baked a pineapple upside down cake for the occasion. Charlie and Janice were there as well. As usual, Charlie stole the limelight and was the center of attention. Poor Janice has to lurk in his shadow.

Well, the cake was delicious. I ate two slices. Charlie had two slices as well. Much gratuity was given to the cook.

“We’re headed to the pet store to get toys for my rabbit,” my little niece told me.

My sister and her daughter soon left for Auburn. Janice went home. And Charlie finally left as well not until he had one more piece of cake. This left dad and I sitting in the den watching old SNL skits on YouTube. I had to take my leave as well as a cigarette had my name on it at home.

Dad and Charlie should be headed out soon for Sunday night fried chicken. I’ve already alerted the Magster who is sitting in the window and whining.  

No comments: