Friday, February 01, 2019

Jet Setting Johnny…

Dad and I were talking on the phone last night.

“I might have a chance to go to Argentina,” he told me. “Your cousin Johnny is decorating a home in Mendocino and wants me to come along.”

“Go while you still have your health and your money,” I encouraged him.

“I am seriously thinking about it,” my father told me excitedly. “Johnny says you can see the Andes and all their glory from the town. The guy, Frank, who has the house owns a vineyard on the outskirts of town.”

“Well, you ought to really like that!” I exclaimed, laughing.

“Oh, hush!” dad told me sounding exasperated. “Do you think you will be okay if I am gone two weeks?”

“I will be fine,” I replied to him. “You go and have some fun. Have Charlie check on me every few days if it will make you feel better.”

“You’re still coming in the morning?” my father then asked me.

“I will be there at eleven,” I said. “I don’t want to miss out on diet Cokes and that blowhard, Dr. Phil.”

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Wow that’s something. Think he’ll go? It would be a vacation for you to have Charlie for Two weeks.