Friday, February 01, 2019

Chili Dawg Charlie…

They say variety is the spice of life. I say nice surprises like tonight are the spice of life. I was walking out my door to my car to clean the interior when Charlie and dad pulled up in front of my house. I could hear Maggie madly barking inside at their arrival.

“What are y’all doing?” I asked inquisitively.

“We’re on our way to the bowling alley to pick up the Fly and your Papa fixed you a plate of supper,” Charlie said.

Dad got out of Charlie’s car, walked across my yard, and handed me two bags.

“One bag has two hotdogs full of chili,” he said. “You’re going to have to eat them with a fork I am afraid. The other bag has two diet Cokes and a bag of sour cream and onion potato chips.”

Well, I was just brim full of nice words to say about all of this. I thanked Charlie profusely and thanked my father profusely. I did indeed use that phrase about nice surprises being the spice of life.