Friday, December 21, 2007

15 Tons of Fun

I love, love, love spending time down at the rail yard. I watched today as a big railroad crane unloaded an old and battered Seaboard Coast Line boxcar at the museum. I grew so excited and it was like a delicate ballet moving that rusty old boxcar to its resting place on the museum grounds.

"Are y'all going to restore it?" I asked one of the onlookers from the museum.

"Yes," he replied. "We are going to paint it an old CHV paint scheme."

"Cotton for the Looms of West Point?"

"Yes," he replied.

"Ah, that is my favorite paint scheme for the fallen flag Chattahoochee Valley."

Excited about all things railroad, I walked home to see how my photographs turned out and to get online to see what information I could find on the Internet. The great thing about the Internet is, it is like a library in your home. I found some really good photographs online.

7 comments:

mago said...

Is that the Southeastern Railway Museum?

Debbie said...

does this museum take volunteers?

Lizzy said...

Andrew I thought you would like to learn more about how to make $$$ from your blog.

http://www.textmarks.com/monetize/

Sharyna said...

Our railroad museum takes docents. You seem to know enough to help there. I want to congratulate you on 31 days!!! Go back to AA and get your chip. Miss you on my blog but I understand.

sharyna

hensteeth said...

My father was a railroad buff too. I explored many an old trainyard with him. It's fun to hear that excitement again from a true railroad hound.

Merry Christmas, Andrew. Wishing you and Maggie a happy, happy day.

Cheryl said...

I'm happy to hear you so excited!

Summer said...

I had a dream about trains last night.