Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Could it happen? Snow in Alabama?

From the ABC 33/40 weather blog.

As the surface low moves to the northeast, colder air will be pulled into Alabama, and the rain should change to snow for a period before ending Saturday night. The primary window for snow flakes seems to be from about 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Considering the warm ground and the fast movement of this system, serious accumulation doesn’t seem likely for North-Central Alabama. The best chance of getting some snow on the ground, most likely, will be over the mountains of Northeast Alabama; places like Mentone and around Desoto State Park.

10 comments:

Kelly Jene said...

Oh my. That's a serious and quick change for your area!

I'll have my fingers crossed for a white Christmas for you!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

See? if we will it it will happen? HAHAHAH!!
I hope it snows for you, otherwise I'll wrap some snow up in a box and ship it to you! :)
Always,
Crusty~

Annabel said...

I hope you do get that bit of snow. You can have the stuff that is supposed to come here. We're still just getting freezing rain.

Martha said...

I hope you get snow--the nice, fluffy, light snow. Here in the midwest, we just have freezing rain. If nothing else, at least I can go ice skating on my driveway...

Cheryl said...

So, winter or summer, what's it to be? I'd love for you to be able to take a trip to where it really snows. You'd love it. Nothing like being snowed in when you have hot chocolate and the makings for chocolate chip cookies.

Sleep well tonight. It's what I hope to do.

Jenn said...

If I had some extra cash, I'd mail you a big ole snow ball from my backyard! Maybe you could mail me back some sunshine :)

Silverbackg1 said...

At the very least, a slight dusting of snow will be a nice visual even if it doesn't stick on the roads. Enjoy!

AlabamaGal said...

It could happen yet!
:)

-M

The Little Woman and Hubby said...

If Alabama gets snow, then Georgia probably will as well. I'm telling you, we are going to pay for this warm weather in December.

:-)

michael.. said...

Nice to see something about the weather. I miss your weather blog. Why did you pull the plug on it?