Monday, December 24, 2007

I am so Excited and Just Had to Share My Elation!!!!

I was doing some searching online today about vocational rehabilitation.  I found that a local town has an office I can visit to join up.  I am so excited!!!!!!  I so want to go back to work, but I need help in doing it.  Yes, they have rehabilitation classes and educational opportunities for those seeking to rejoin the ranks of the employed. 

From their website...

Vocational Rehabilitation Service ( VRS ), the largest division with the Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services, helps Alabamians with disabilities achieve independence through employment. VRS provides specialized employment- and education-related services and training to assist teens and adults with disabilities in becoming employed. In addition, VRS works with middle schools, high schools, junior colleges and universities statewide to assist students with disabilities in receiving appropriate educational opportunities.

Now, if I can only get up the courage to drive the thirty minutes to do this, and hopefully, they will be taking new applicants after the new year.   I haven't been this excited in years!  I am so ready to be making strides with my life and having the routine of classes and work rehabilitation will do me well.  Finally, something to look forward to!  I need a reason to get out of bed in the mornings!

8 comments:

Sharyna said...

Congrats on finding a work program. You are young enough to be trained. I went to one of their meetings and found out no one would hire me at 52. Besides, they deduct dollar for dollar on my plan. I can work for my $500 or sit on my butt. I'm not confident enough to work. I wish you well. Good luck tonight.

sharyna

C.A. said...

I think that would be a wonderful Christmas gift to yourself! :) I hope it pans out to be a big success for you.

C.A.

justLacey said...

I'm excited for you!

Tee said...

Go for it, Andrew!

Anonymous Boxer said...

Please do this - you clearly are willing and able. And Merry Christmas to you. I hope your party this evening is lovely.

mosiacmind said...

I am so happy for you! BVR is who hooked me up with COVA....I have been hooked up to them when I started to want to work again..helping find a place to volunteer so I could see if I could work and then finding jobs and helping me keep them and since I got laid off helping me find wiork..the cool thing about BVR they can help you get the things you might need to go to work such as work clothes and things like that. We can talk more about that sometime when we are emailing.

CJM-R said...

I am so excited for you! This is just what you have been looking for. Go for it, friend!

Lena

Mike said...

The work program sounds great! I can relate to wanting more structure to your days. Best of luck, Andrew!