Sunday, December 23, 2007

For Some, A Treacherous Winter Wonderland...

I was so relieved when I woke up this morning and found a post from Annabel.  She traveled through some pretty snowy, icy, and nasty weather to get to Albuquerque, New Mexico.  From her writings, it sounded like an interesting journey filled with close calls and icy roads.  I am just glad her and her son, Josh, are safe and sound, and can now enjoy their Christmas with relatives.

Mom came last night to give me my medications.  Dad was busily preparing our Christmas Eve meal so he sent her instead.  I casually slipped all those pills in my pocket once again.  I hated to lie when mom asked me if I took them.  It all feels so juvenile, but I do feel better.  The side effects of all those medications were just so unbearable.  This is the only way all parties involved stay happy. 

I spent the last of my hundred dollars last night for Maggie's Christmas.  I bought her a cute little basket of dog treats and toys on sale at a local store. I sat it on my entertainment center so Maggie couldn't get to it just yet.  She sat and watched it until time to go to bed.  It is a pungent and smokey smelling little collection of dog treats.   I smiled many times when I would walk into the den and Maggie would "walk" on her hind feet trying to get to those treats.  She's pretty smart and knows a good thing when she sees it.

The predicted storms are almost here. The rain and thunder is a county away.  I wish I could sleep, but I would be missing all the fun.  I so love a rainy night. I am sitting here listening to rebroadcasts of Coast to Coast AM while I drink a Coke and smoke a aromatic cigarillo.  All is right in my little world and it is shaping up to be a wonderful Christmas -- one of the best ones in recent memory.

My computer seems to be fixed.  It has been running for days without a hiccup.  That 20 dollar part seems to have done the trick.  I was fearing having to buy another computer and didn't know how I would come up with that kind of money.  Even if I built the computer myself to save a thousand dollars.  Mom was kind and offered to pay $500 dollars of the cost.  Luckily,  I didn't have to take her up on that offer.  I really love this computer when it works.  It is perfect as an Internet browsing and blogging machine.  It is becoming too aged to play computer games though.  Not like I play them anymore anyway.   

3 comments:

Summer said...

Isn't it weird how Annabel has so much snow? What are you up to this morning?

simonsays said...

I'm happy to hear that annabel made it just fine, too.

If I don't get back here before, I want to be sure to wish you the Merriest of Christmas's ever!

I hope that this year, the holiday leaves you with peace and joy in your heart. Oh yes---and snow. Lots and lots of snow...

Jamie

CJM-R said...

Merry Christmas to you, and I am glad to see you around again!

So did you go and get your chip?

Peace,
Lena