Friday, December 07, 2007

Mom, Maggie, and Largesse

I asked Mom to get Maggie in her lap for a picture. This wasn't going too well. Maggie thought she was wanting to play.

"This is not going on your blog, is it?" mom asked.

I laughed and said, "Yeah," as mom tried to arrange her hair in a more pleasing fashion.

"About 800 people will view you today."

"Oh, don't tell me that!" my mother said as she nervously laughed.

Ah, a freezer full of microwave meals and pizza. We are set for that big snow if it ever comes. I will eat this up in a week, though.

Breakfast, my favorite meal of the day.  Mom completely surprised me with this. I will have two eggs, two pieces of bacon, toast, and cheddar in the morning.  All washed down with a glass of cold whole milk.  Delicious!


16 comments:

Kelly Jene said...

I love Marie Callendar meals. Yummmm. We have a Marie Callendar restaurant in Seattle. I'm going to go someday.

Your mom looks like a classy lady! Poor Maggie wants to play!

mapiprincesa! said...

Tell your mother that she looks beautiful.

AlabamaGal said...

Your Mom looks very pretty.
Your food looks delicious. Yummy.
Enjoy the tasty breakfast!
-Michelle

CJM-R said...

Moms are great, aren't they? It is cool she doesn't mind being on your blog.

Kelly Jene said...

You gonna make me some breakfast??

:D

Mike said...

That was very kind of your Mom. I love eggs and cheese and bacon…mmm. Sounds delicious.

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad we got to see your mother. Yeah! She's very nice looking. Nice hair too.

I wonder if you could go food shopping with her sometime so you could pick out your own food. That would be nice, though anything is appreciated, I know.

Thank you for leaving me such a nice comment today.

Lynette said...

Sunbeam Bread, that is another really southern brand.

Portia said...

Your mother is a beautiful lady. It is always interesting to see people after I have read about them in your blog.

Oh, and YUM!

Anonymous Boxer said...

She's lovely.

Claudia said...

I envy your relationship with your mom. You both have seem to have gone through extremely trying times, and yet there she is, caring.

My mother is on skid row basically and it's tough all around. :(

Josie Two Shoes said...

This was so fun, getting to see your Mom, Andrew, I'm glad she was willing to pose for your blog! She's a lovely lady, and we already know how much she loves her son! Wow, you do have a great stash of food there, looks like we should all descend on your house for a pizza party! :-)

Summer said...

Tell mom she's beautiful!

The Little Woman and Hubby said...

Your Mom is a classy, southern lady! She was soooo sweet to do that grocery shopping for you--I have that job!

cyotteeflower said...

J.
Tell your mom Merry Christmas and tell her how much we love you!
Billie

EE said...

LOL! My kids say that to me all the time!!!