Saturday, December 08, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

Today is the big day.  My father is calling me when he gets off of work to meet him to pick out my Christmas tree.  Then we are going to go buy lights and ornaments at Fred's dollar store.  We both agreed to steer clear of Wal-Mart.  One of my father's main competitors. 

The last time I had a Christmas tree was in the early part of this decade.  I was married and Rachel paid an exorbitant amount for a artificial Christmas tree.  I remember it weighing a ton as I unboxed it and put it up.  Each morning, I would sit in our den with our dog, Otis, as I drank my coffee and welcomed in the new day sitting in front of our lit tree.  Those are special times and memories of my failed marriage, and I hope Rachel has a Merry Christmas this year. 

14 comments:

Summer said...

LOL @ Otis!
Have fun tonight!

mosiacmind said...

hope you have a wonderful time and will be eager to hear all about it and see pictures.

Mandy said...

Hey, nice blog!

Also like that you have chosen to not let labels carve out parts of you.

Merry X'Mas!

Josie Two Shoes said...

I am so excited for you, can't wait to see the photos! :-)

CJM-R said...

Such a fun time to look forward to! Can't wait to read all about it!

justLacey said...

Can't wait to see your tree. You are so lucky it's cold there. Here it's hard to get in the spirit when it's 85 outside.

Susanlee said...

I've been having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year, I'm excited about your tree though, and can't wait to see pictures!!

STACY'S TRIP said...

Oh Boy! I am excited for you! Enjoy! Please put up pictures...I know you will.
Stacy

Angels said...

Nice pictures.. I like the stories, they are very interesting

Mike said...

Have fun!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Andrew...hope you'll stop by AB's party. Looks like its going to be a fun time with lots of good food. Have a wonderful Saturday, no matter what you do.

Sharyna said...

I hope your tree is going up better than mine. I just can't wrap my mind around it. Funny, my tree is an artificial one from WalMart! Can we still be friends? lol I do get my meds from a small family pharmacy though so that should make up for it.

sharyna

Anonymous Boxer said...

Pictures of the decorated tree, please!

It's been too long for you not to have a tree - and how nice you want to wish your ex a Merry Christmas.

Kirsten said...

This comment has been removed by the author.