Friday, December 28, 2007

Waiting for God or Just Something

I am sitting here waiting on my father.  I am to go get my injection for my schizophrenia.  It is two days past due.

My father was very cruel to me last night berating me on numerous levels.  I felt humiliated.

"I am not going to any more hospitals and you are not going to drag my life down with yours," he told me last night.  "The reason your car was stolen is that you are a stupid idiot who left your keys in your car.  It was careless and stupid and stupid things happen to stupid people.  That's why you don't have a damn thing."

I grabbed his arm and pleaded with him to be kind to me.  "I love you so much," I kept saying. "Don't do this to me.  I have tried so hard lately to turn my life around."

Dad made it clear that I was "on my own" from now on and I had to start learning to fend for myself.  He is no longer bailing me out of adverse situations. 

"Get ready to start walking," he said as he smirked.  "You're not getting another car from me!"

No comments: