Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dust on my Heels

I was so proud of myself when I walked the last mile of six miles this morning. It was just a gorgeous day and a great time to be outside enjoying it. The end of my walk found me down at the rail yard. They are doing a lot of maintenance on the tracks and a myriad of railroad equipment is on display down there. I took a lot of photos that would most likely be boring to my readership. I was technically trespassing, but the railroad workers didn't seem to care.

I went shopping last night. The first time I have been real shopping in a year. I bought a charger and rechargeable batteries for my digital camera. The thing was eating batteries and I was tired of having to ask my father to bring home batteries from his pharmacy. It felt so good being able to buy something for myself. It only cost around $20 dollars, but I felt like I had spent a million.

12 comments:

mosiacmind said...

Yeah for shopping. I know I feel so much better when I can get the things I want or need myself because many times mom has to get it for me. It sounds like a nice walk.

justLacey said...

I find the lithium batteries last much longer than the alkaline. Let me know how you like the rechargeables.

Mike said...

Wow, a six mile walk capped with a rail yard visit. You must feel good after that.

I’m glad you found that money and are able to treat yourself to some items that you need or want. You said it would be a test to have that money, and you’ve done a great job resisting temptation! Good for you, Andrew.

Kelly Jene said...

Thats great that you're walking that much now!! Good job, your body thanks you!

I love it when our budget permits a bit of spending. Even if its stuff we need, it's nice to just pick it up. Enjoy the rechargeable batteries!

CJM-R said...

What a great feeling to get what you need on your own! That is so wonderful about finding the extra money. Like Pennies from Heaven...

Very proud of you, too for your walk. 6 miles is very impressive!

It is snowing so hard here today... 1-2 inches per hour... makes me think of how much you would enjoy!

Anonymous Boxer said...

Your walks have inspired me to start my "urban hikes" again - walking allows us to see details that we miss when whizzing by in a car or running with head phones.

Six miles is IMPRESSIVE.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

How fantastic!! the rechargeable bats and charger aren't much? Because I find that same issue with my camera...grrr..but I wouldn't know what to buy..
I'm Glad you enjoyed that walk!!6miles is amazing!
Always,
Crusty~

Sharyna said...

I read in another post, that you intend to stop this blog. Don't!! For as long as you write, I will answer...

sharyna

Josie Two Shoes said...

Six miles...awesome! You are making me feel like a total slug here, I need to get out and walk some too! :-) You will love the rechargeable batteries, really nice for taking lots of pix and videos!

Cheryl said...

I hope your new ads generate some money for you so you can have more money to buy the things you want. I'm clicking! What other things, besides a DSLR would you like?

simonsays said...

Six miles! That is so awesome, and one day soon, I will be doing it, too!

Tee said...

Wish use of that new found money. That reminds me I need to purchase an extra battery for my new camera. I could have used one the other night at the Living Christmas Tree at church. I took several videos and my battery DIED!