Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Doctor Who?

Had a doctor's appointment this morning. I couldn't bring it upon myself to ask for lowered dosages of my medications. I just wanted to get in and out of there quickly. My doctor was really chatty this morning and it was confusing me. I had a hard time concentrating on what he was saying. My concentration has been shot to hell lately, but is improving. His main point was for me to continue my daily hikes and to start drinking diet sodas instead of regular. He is worried about the Risperdal causing diabetes. There are some class action lawsuits being argued in court over this issue lately.

I had some blood tests taken a few weeks ago. I got the results back, and everything is fine other than my cholesterol levels. It wasn't terrible, but bad enough to warrant taking medication. Oh Joy! More pills!

The weather models continue to titillate me. Snow is back in the forecast for Christmas Eve and Christmas day for far north Alabama and Tennessee. So, my online time has been spent today reading forecasts, weather related forums and visiting weather blogs. All the weather writers and winter weather fans are as excited as I am. It is contagious.

Made it to the shopping center for awhile this afternoon. Big S was doing his usual thing, talking and chatting with Ferret. Ferret kept pestering me to buy him a pack of cigarettes.

"Have you seen what cigarettes cost these days?" I asked him not willing to play along.

"Four bucks," Ferret replied.

"You have got to start smoking those dollar-a-pack little cigars I smoke," was what I told him.

"Those damn things are harsh!" Ferret exclaimed when I pulled a pack of little cigars out of my backpack to give to him. He declined and I wanted to decree that beggars can't be choosers. I chuckled thinking about it on the way home at Ferret saying those cigars are harsh. This was coming from a man who drinks bottles of mouthwash to get drunk.

15 comments:

M said...

Weather prediction nowadays seems like an art as much as a science. Things change so quickly!

abbagirl74 said...

Glad to hear Ferret is out and about. Have you heard from anyone else? Clara, or Dan? Just curious. Hope you are having a good evening. It was a crappy day for me. :(

impromptublogger said...

I'm glad to hear that you're okay but I think that you can probably get your cholesterol back down if you cut out a lot of your wonderful fatty Southern food. But not until AFTER Christmas! :-)

CRUSTYBEEF said...

okay a few things for you dear Andrew:

1-what made you change your mind to ask your doc about the meds?
2-do you think the concentration has anything to do with taking or not taking the meds?

3-they're saying we're in that chicago zone for a 40% WHITE CHRISTMAS! You want to hop a train on up here?

4-Oh yeah, I forgot about your cholesterol..there's quite a bit of vitamins that are less money, or great recipes (you can find them online) that are still really good tasting food...it'll drop soon-don't worry my friend

5- Do you realize in downtown chicago, a pack of Marlboro lights cost more than $7.99? Insane, isn't it?

6-I remember many years ago..before being married when I didn't have any extra change, I smoked bronco lights..they cost me $1.99...

7-they were harsh, but when you're in need for that nic fix..well, you totally understand.

YOU DESERVE THAT COIN!! IT'll be a great reminder to you when you have those shadow demons of liquor lurking...
Congratulations and mazel tov! I don't know why I did the numbered thing..just anxious and antsy for Christmas.
6 days!
I can't wait for my boys..that's the excitement for me..besides the reason of Christmas...is to see my boys expressions..

ALways,
Crusty~ :)

Portia said...

Sounds like a pretty decent day...I hope it's a good evening:)

Mike said...

I sure hope you get that snow for Christmas.

Cigarettes are four dollars a pack here too. I too buy the little cigars to save money- that or roll my own cigarettes.

Kelly Jene said...

You go get that coin! You deserve it!!

Cigarettes are 5.99 here for the good brands. I quit when they were still 3.99. My mother smokes 3 packs a day, it's amazing she isn't broke.

Anonymous Boxer said...

Congrats on the 30 days, Andrew. Whether or not you decide to get your chip doesn't make it any less wonderful. I thnk your "blog day counter" is just as great.

AlabamaGal said...

I am so proud of you. 30 days is a great record! Keep it up. :)

Go get your coin.

Good Morning Andrew! (and good night soon for me, I am so sleepy)

-Michelle

Marilyn said...

Keep up the good work. Merry Christmas!

justLacey said...

7.99 for a piack of cigs is rediculous, but more so if you pay it. Smoking is rediculous if you think about it.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Hey Andrew, you made it! The big 30 today!
always,
Crusty~

madamspud169 said...

I'm in the UK and 20 cigarettes here cost £4.50 (or around 9 bucks a pack).
We can't even get 10 cigarettes for 4 bucks.
I'm not talking brand name ones either I mean the cheapest you can find.

Congrats on 30 days - it's one hell of an achievement.

mosiacmind said...

I really think you should go get your chip. I think it helps when one is struggling to look at the coin and remember how far one has come I hope that you have a great day.

Technomonk said...

I also seek the fastest path into and out of my DR office for visits... and she is always setting up return visits. I just want to stay in my cave, but life seems to keep demanding that I leave on occasion.