Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What a mess!

I didn't notice it this morning.  My car could have been there.  So it could have been stolen at lunch time with me sitting in the house.  This house is so quiet and insulated well.   There has been a string of houses broken into in my neighborhood lately.  I've been good about locking my house.   I had a bad habit of leaving my keys in my car so now my car is gone and so is my wallet with my ID and my last five dollars! 

The police came and took a report and were super nice, and I called my insurance agency and they are supposed to call me back in two hours.  I don't think I will see the car again.  That's just me being glum, though.  Thank God my father insisted that I keep the expensive full coverage insurance on my car when I had been mumbling about dropping full and adding only liability.   It is not like I drive a lot though.  I can go weeks without driving at times.  That will make it easier on me.  This sucks though to have this happen on Christmas.  Just my luck!

6 comments:

CJM-R said...

So sorry to hear about your stolen car, wallet and ID. What a bummer.

Maybe they will find it, you never know.

I hope you still get an opportunity to see your brother and his family.

Good luck with every thing.
Lena

mosiacmind said...

WHAT A MESS!!! I JUST NOW READ IT WHEN YOU EMAILED ME!!!!I AM SO SO SO SORRY MY FRIEND

Barb said...

Man, what a drag about your car, the AA meeting last night, your Christmas eve, and day being spent alone...but despite all of the negative, you were able to see the positive, and react according to your needs. Your need to have a claim for your car, your need to surround yourself with other's, and your need to start to drink and eat healthier. I see your patterns, and your desire to fix them. Work toward the top of the water, and swim like hell to get there.
B~

Jbeeky said...

Oh Andrew. I just read this and I am so very sorry about your car. I hope it is returned to you quickly. I am thinking of you.

M said...

that bites! i thought small towns were immune from such crime.

Claudia said...

Oh no, that really bites.

I hope it gets found.