Sunday, December 09, 2007

Late Sunday Ramblings -- Don't Mind Me

I am sitting here waiting on my father to come. I never know what time he will arrive, but I NEED MY BENADRYL! LOL I am jonesing for my fix tonight. Take a few of those suckers and you feel like you got a shot of Valium. I will go to sleep and sleep like a baby all night. Dad will only give me six at a time for fears I will abuse them. Sigh! Wonder what I did for the thirty odd years I wasn't under his thumb.

I have been so lonely today. Joyce came by this afternoon and brought a whole bucket of pecans she had picked up. I couldn't say no. I don't know when I will get them cracked. It is the thought that counts I keep telling myself. Joyce also made the mistake of letting Maggie out my front door and Maggie went tearing across my yard to explore the neighborhood. It was the first time she had gotten free since I moved here. I was terrified that she would run out into the main highway down the street and get ran over. Luckily, Joyce called her and she came running back inside, blissfully cheerful, as if nothing had happened.

My new Model Railroader came in the mail yesterday. I was overjoyed to get it. I can literally devour an issue in one sitting, reading it from cover to cover. I have dreams of one day modeling the late Chattahoochee Valley Railway. I actually went so far as to model one of the engines, an SW1500, and it turned out great. Next, I want to model the distinctive boxcars with the herald, "Cotton for the Looms of West Point." Luckily, I have a very good book with photographs as the railroad has long been defunct. A victim of the scrap yard's torch.

I realize tonight that I look forward to going to bed. For nine or ten hours, I can forget about the world, wrapped up in my warm covers with Maggie by my side. I've been sleeping so well lately other that last night's bout with insomnia. I go to sleep dreaming of digital cameras. I am hoping these new ads will make enough for me to get a bonafide full size DSLR camera. I took a long nap today, though, and should be ready for bed tonight despite it. I will take four Benadryl and sleep like a baby. Maybe Dad is not too far off. I look forward to seeing him tonight. I want to show off my Christmas tree.

9 comments:

Kelly Jene said...

I'm sorry you've had a rough night. Looks like you have quite a few little joys here though. Maggie, Joyce, the Model Railroader, cameras and even sleep. I know I look forward to bed tonight. I went to bed at 3am last night.. or this morning. It wears you down and makes you more sensitive to tension and being emotional.

Take care, friend!

KYRIE said...

I hope u can find peace tonight. I am sorry to hear tht u had a trying day.
Cameras and trains, a great combination for ya :)
Sleep well and take care Andrew J!

Summer said...

Sweet dreams...

Cheryl said...

Just stopping by to say hello. Time for me to put this day to rest. See you tomorrow!

Carter said...

I miss my bed...working the graveyard shift will do that to ya :P

STACY'S TRIP said...

If you get a new camera I will buy your old one. I want a camera so bad.

Portia said...

I want one of those SLR cameras too. One day...:) I think the model railroading sounds like fun too. I wish I had a whole room to dedicate to building a model landscape.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I'm so happy for you.
Always,
Crusty~

CRUSTYBEEF said...

because you have family, and Maggie..and words that even in hard times you can express in ways that many of us dream!!
sleep well tonight and dream of the twinkling of lights and the tones of carols being sung in the distance...
Always,
Crusty!