Friday, December 28, 2007

Ferret was Right!

Ferret was drunk today.  What is about the holidays that brings on the worst in us mentally ill people?  I can honestly say, though, that my anxiety attacks have cured me of my urge to drink. 

"Just be glad you are not sleeping in a garage," Ferret told me after I told him my tale of woe about my car getting stolen.

"You're right," I said. "I am truly lucky."

"Not too many dads are going to be buyin' their son a house," Ferret replied, slurring his words. "I wish I had a house.  I sleep in a damp garage."

Big storms were predicated to roll in this afternoon.  I had even heard reports of tornado warnings.

"Why don't you walk on home?" I asked Ferret as he cracked open another "tall boy" beer.  "The weather is supposed to get bad."

"Nah," Ferret said, drinking. "I don't want to have to sit with nothing to do at home.  I would rather be down here."

I left Ferret to drink his beer as I walked on home. When I arrived home and looked at the radar online, I had made it home in the nick of time.  The heavens were about to open up.  I can only imagine Ferret under the awning at the shopping center trying to stay dry and not get struck by lightning. 

12 comments:

Le Fleur said...

A lot of people are lucky as hell that their situations arn't worse, but it does not mean they're happy. Or even sane.

justLacey said...

I know you love that rain so I imagine your having a nice quiet day. I wish it would rain here. I have been sick and feel yucky.

mosiacmind said...

I am glad that you got out today. I also glad that you were able to get home before it started pouring. Raining here and I got in between the drizzles and when it started to pout which I am grateful for....

Leann said...

le fluer has an excellent point Andrew.

I'm sorry to hear your car is gone, but I'll keep praying that it is returned to you in the same condition in which it was taken.

It sounds like you've been having a rough week or two and I'm sorry.

Stay strong my friend. Blessings to you
Leann

Cheryl said...

It's pouring around here. I'm thankful to be inside, warm and dry. How did the rest of your day turn out? Are you feeling much better since getting your shot?

Tee said...

YES! RAIN! We're getting it over here in GA as well. :-)

weiber_mann said...

My wife was a dancer and in incredable physical shape. She didn't smoke, do drugs or drink.

She had a brain stroke six years ago. She is paralyzed and only has the use of one arm and one leg, both of which are losing strength due to lack of physical movement.

Her dependency for help is 99% of everything she needs.

I don't know which is worse, mental instability or the brain cutting off the body's ability to function.

I do know that watching another person suffer takes it's toll. I am sure that your parents are trying to show there strength in hopes that you may benefit from them helping you.

Happy New Year!

Terroni said...

Tornado warnings?
Stay safe, Andrew.

(Oh, and I had a few days of catching up to do here...so sorry to hear about your car.)

Summer said...

I just wrote an entry on my blog about being careful with words and I come over here and see how wonderful everyone is here. How kind they are and it renews my faith in people.

How are you feeling today?

Sharyna said...

I'm glad you missed the rain. Ferret seems like a funny ole soul. I'd like some colorful friends to write about. I'm going to look for some in the upcoming year.

sharyna

Arthur Dent said...

Ferret does indeed sound like an interesting sort, as do you. I may have to return again and wander through your archives.

Nikita said...

Hi Andrew!
Just wanna say that you don't have to apologise for letting your emotions off on your blog..it's your blog and you can do it firstly, secondly...it makes you feeling better!! Sorry to read about your car being stolen!! I do hope that they will find it...or that you will have another soon! And yes, I agree, you have lots to count yourself lucky...one thing is...all of your readers, caring about you! that's the least I can say...and then your mum and dad! too!! Take good care! I hope the New Year is going to be a better year and that you will have a fantastic New Year!!