Friday, December 07, 2007

Chance Encounters...

The temperatures soared into the upper fifties today making for a gorgeous December day. It almost felt warm and we are predicted to get into the high seventies the next few days. Record breaking weather. So much for my snow I have been chomping at the bit for.

Lunch time found me down at the shopping center. I ran into my mother who was buying a box of Cheez-its as they were on sale at the dollar store. She had just left her hairdresser that is also in this same shopping center.

"What are you doing down here without your car?" she asked, looking surprised.

"I walk down here most days to hang out," I said.

I realized my parents have no earthly idea what I do with my days and they barely care. They think I sit in my house all day in front of this computer.

"How are you on groceries?" my mother then asked.

"I have three frozen pizzas and one microwave meal left."

Mom left me to go buy groceries for me and I scurried home so I would be there when she arrived. It was about a thirty minute walk. I hope she remembers to buy me cokes. I can go without eating, but can't go without my caffeine fix. It is very nice of her to do that, too. My mother always buys me foods I like to eat and an eclectic mix of microwave meals that is like sticking your hand into a grab bag. You never know what you are going to get. Bless her heart.

6 comments:

Blue Gardenia said...

Here, one hour north of NYC, in the middle of the afternoon it is 28 and snowing. The ground is just getting covered and it is dark and gloomy with no wind. I just engineered the elaborate electric supply for the outdoor Christmas lights the they are twinkling triumphantly. It is important, while psychotic or even just depressed, to decorate in some way for the holidays. With exaggerated feelings we can be very happy and content with a simple display and it keeps us in tune with our friends and neighbors and the "normals."

Anonymous Boxer said...

You have a lovely Mother.

I hope she brings you some fabulous treats.

Kelly Jene said...

Did you get cokes? :)

Andrew said...

Kelly,

Yes I did. I got four twelve packs of Pepsi. I am a happy man.

mosiacmind said...

I was going to ask the same thing if you got any pop to drink. Thanks for sharing the picture of your Mom and Maggie. I think that I need to learn sometime to buy the equipment and such so that I can post pictures of Gracie and other things on the computer.

darla said...

Over here on the Texas Gulf Coast, it's 76 degrees and muggy! I wish it would snow here, too, but I know that isn't going to happen!!

Mom's are good at making sure everyone has enough to eat. Your Mom seems sweet!