Monday, March 01, 2010

Thoughts for the Day…

Just Call Me Flaky…

001 copy Just file this under the “it’s always something” title.  I’ve been using Head and Shoulder’s Intensive Care dandruff shampoo for years now.  Well, this week it decided to no longer work and I’ve had an especially acute breakout of dandruff.  Mom looked at my head last night and excitedly said, “You’ve got to go to the dermatologist!”  She loves doctor’s appointments. Dad groaned. This comes on the heels of me relenting and deciding to get this troublesome wisdom tooth pulled on the condition I go to a dentist down in Columbus, Georgia that uses anesthesia.  I want to be put under for the procedure.  Well, mom is geeking out about all the appointments. She is like a kid at Christmas.  She loves this stuff and loves keeping up with my physical well being.   So, now I have something to fret and obsess over for the next week.  I know mom loves this stuff, but it drives me crazy.

The Train Images du Jour…

A few people have asked if these are of my layout.  Sadly, I don’t have room for a layout.  I am an armchair modeler for the most part.  Those random images are taken directly from the pages of Model Railroad Craftsman and Model Railroader magazines.  I guess I need to start writing the layout and the creator with each photo.  I will endeavor to do that today with today’s photo.

Little Joys for George…

George wasn’t very excited about going to work last night after two days off.  

“At least, I have an easy job,” George told me, trying to consol himself.

“Be positive!” I replied cheerily.  “What’s your favorite part of work?”

“Shut up Pollyanna!” George said tersely and then laughed.

I burst out laughing as well.

“My favorite part of work is my lunch break,” he said. “Momma always fixes the best lunches and I get in a corner of the break room and chill out for thirty minutes.”

As George was leaving last night, he said, “Finish up my carburetor tonight!  I am excited to crank my Caprice and see how it runs.”  So, that is what I did.  I stayed up till midnight finishing rebuilding George’s carburetor.  We will slap that sucker back on in the morning and see if I didn’t totally screw up the whole process.  I have my fingers crossed. 

6 comments:

Joy Heather said...

You & George are like a 'double Act'..but it shows your friendship is real....Your Mom is a sweetheart, i love to hear her comments, she does worry about you though...The railroad pics are lovely anyway..A friend of mines husband as his entire loft (Attic) area in the house set up as a railway..everything from houses farms, stations, fields etc..its really interesting..it also keeps him happy since he as retired from work..when i manage to get over to visit i usually go and see it all.

justLacey said...

Good luck with your wisdom tooth. I had one pulled during the summer and the pulling wasn't painful. They actually had to cut it in pieces to get it out and it came right out with no pulling after that. I had no anesthesia, just the usual shot. Be careful to follow all post extraction procedures so you don't get a dry socket. That means no smoking for a day or two and no sipping through a straw either. I wish you luck, but I know you will be just fine. Also there are other shampoos on the market now, give one of them a try before going to the dermatologist.

Summer said...

I know for sure that lunch time would be my favorite time of day too if George's mom was packing my lunch!

kristi said...

I like lunch too. It is quiet and I don't have to hear chattering coworkers. UGH.

joyous melancholy said...

You're going to do just fine with your wisdom tooth. They'll put you out and you'll wake up when it's all over. That's how I had mine removed, piece of cake.

As for the dandruff, try Tegrin. Or there's another one... I'll try to remember what it's called. Something-T, it works great too but it's kind of smelly. But it might save you a trip to another doctor. Your mom can obsess about trying different shampoos. ;-)

(For the record, I think your mother is adorable. You have a good comrade-in-arms with her.)

Cheryl said...

Hi Andrew, Long time,,,
Your 'dandruff' could be caused by the Head and Shoulders. It could be what's drying out your scalp. You should ask your mom to check at her hairdresser's to see if they have a shampoo for scalp problems. We carry one where I work. I'd try that first. Just a little FYI from someone in the know :)))