Sunday, January 21, 2018

A Wonderful Bounty Was Had Tonight...

No bland KFC fried chicken tonight folks. My cup floweth over. Charlie grilled steaks this afternoon and my father has just left after delivering a wealth of goodies.

I got steak for Maggie and me. Two slices of Charlie's chocolate pie. Salad and blue cheese dressing. A butter and sour cream infused baked potato. Two big slices of buttered and toasted barbecue bread. Charlie also sent me two leaded regular Cokes to compliment my usual six diet Cokes. Dad then checked my medications and Maggie's food and water.

"Your house looks nice tonight," my father told me which made me beam with pride.

I put some effort into getting the chaos back in order this afternoon. The icing on the cake was that he noticed. I was even washing clothes when my father arrived. I am sticking to my New Year's resolution of dressing nicely every day -- taking some pride in myself as my father calls it.

"Darrell is still setting up my internet this week?" I asked my father with a gleam in my eye after it took an hour to download a video of Starfox 64 game footage this afternoon.

It would have taken seconds on my new internet connection.

"I hope so," dad said. "He said he was going to do it this week."

If my mother was handling this, I would have had this internet service back in November. The week before Thanksgiving when this all started with a trip out to WOW!'s local office. Mom would have driven them absolutely crazy until it got installed.

I am so excited I just about can't stand it. I mentioned Gigabit internet and the debut of the service last week and Old Fuss and Feathers gave me a glaring look and shook his head. We then both broke out in laughter at my impetuousness and the glare and headshake from my father.

No comments: