Monday, January 08, 2018

A Resounding Success...

The only mar on tonight's Piggly Wiggly experience is that I've got to learn where everything is at. I was a lost babe in the woods on those regards. That store is so clean and the employees treated us like royalty. I managed to spend only $69 dollars so Old Fuss and Feathers was pleased.

"Did they have everything you wanted?" my father asked.

"Pretty much," I replied. "They were much better on those regards than Kroger."

"Did they have your Edward's pie in stock?"

I pointed to the lemon meringue pie in my cart.

It was awesome to get a big bottle of Crystal brand Louisianna hot sauce as Kroger doesn't carry it. It's my favorite brand. That's going to spice up the two cans of "no bean" Hormel chili I bought along with the large can of Poss' Brunswick stew.

I got six of the various Hungry-Man meals as the Piggly Wiggly doesn't carry Marie Callendar's. Well, they carry Marie's "Delights" meals, but who wants turkey meatloaf? Dad was disappointed about that. I tried to explain to him that the Hungry-Man meals come with two vegetables instead of the usual one on Marie Callender's.

"They ought to fill you up," my father remarked about them.

Two of them were "riblet" meals that I am going to make sandwiches out of. My version of the McRib sandwich. I just need some onions and some dill pickles.

I was also so glad to see they had my Hormel "Black Label" bacon. We're having frozen biscuits this week which suits Maggie just fine. She likes them better than my homemade biscuits. Many a biscuit has been buried in the backyard for enjoyment later.

"You must like eggs?" the elder lady checking us out asked with a smile.

"Yes, I'm quite partial to them, ma'am," I replied, smiling back.

My father was in an extreme hurry so he didn't stick around long leaving me to load up my groceries alone in the rain. He said a football game was on that he was watching. Luckily, my father's house is just a few blocks behind the Piggly Wiggly. He could get back to his football game quickly.

No comments: