Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Hard Freeze Warning...

I am totally unsuited for this kind of weather. The heaviest pants I own are blue jeans. I have warm tops, but I would have to layer them. I made the decision to forego going to the grocery store tonight. My father sounded relieved. He said the drug store was hellacious today. 

"I am going to take you up on that decision," he told me. "I'll see you in a little while with your Cokes and cigarettes."

The thought of spending ten minutes loading up my car with groceries in the cold of Kroger's parking lot with a brutal wind chill was my final deterrent.  


4 comments:

Summer said...

It was hellacious at the pharmacy and my office because it was a full moon. BTW it is 8 degrees here this morning. ARGH!

diana said...

High of 7, low of minus 7 and snow.

Won't be above freezing for the foreseeable future. Sigh.

But I can't complain. I have a warm home and plenty of food.

Counting my blessings.

glittermom said...

Nobody likes these cold temps...we’re in single digits. You just do the best you can to stay warm. Layers is the trick.

Rita said...

When it is cold, I move fast, and I do wear layers: long sleeved t-shirt (I own a few) and a pullover fleece shirt (I need more). If I am going outside, I will put on another layer or two, along with a hat and an infinity knit scarf, which is a circle and I can do a double wrap. I do wear jeans in the winter, and they are warm enough. Wool socks and ankle boots also help with warmth. When it is cold outside, you will be warmer if your head and feet are well protected. If your head or feet get cold, you are cold all over.