Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Aftermath...

When all was said and done we got about 3 inches of the white stuff. I stayed up all night until the last band of snow moved through. I was definitely in my element. I should have been a meteorologist.

I just have driven to my father's house to get my Cokes and smokes and the roads are still pretty messy.

"Do you think you can make it across town?" my father asked me over the phone.

"I'll be fine," I told him. "It's the other drivers I need to be worried about."

I saw two fender benders on the way. If you don't have 4 wheel drive then you need to stay off these roads.

"Oh good, you made it," my father replied when he opened the back door and welcomed me inside.

Dad said he was going to work in the BMW tomorrow.

"You sure it has 4 wheel drive?" he asked.

"You also have a pretty sophisticated traction control system," I told him.

Charlie got the day off and I hope he stops by today. It would have been an impossible drive to Dadeville for work this morning with these messy roads. I think the Governor closed all nonessential offices.




No comments: