Saturday, January 20, 2018

And the Alarm Clock Blinks 12 AM...

I am so envious of Maggie right now. I picked her up and put her in the bed when I went to bed at 3 AM. Well, I lay there until 5 AM sleepless and finally got back up. Maggie is snoring loudly on the bed oblivious to the world. Oh, I wish I could trade places with her.

It's my fault for letting this insomnia happen. I stay up later and later until my circadian clock finally resets eventually.  Insomnia started last Sunday when Charlie woke me up for my Coke and our breakfast biscuits around nine in the morning. I was sleeping from 4 AM to 4 PM just fine. That set into motion that dire circumstance I put myself into and that circumstance is insomnia.

It Looks Gorgeous Darling...

Charlie came over and got me yesterday afternoon. He is miffed that I am not taking more interest in his new house. I have offered to help him paint but to no avail. I think my father told him not to put too many obligations on my plate. I have nothing but time on my hands if he needs me. He showed me all around and then we had to look at his new kitchen cabinets and appliances. This is all a labor of love for Charlie just like my computers and computer technology are for me.

Gigtopia...

WOW! started offering 1 Gigabit Internet service in our area this week which rivals Google's fiber Internet. That is 1000 Mbps down and 50 Mbps up (the much slower upload is a limitation of cable Internet). I would just have to pay $20 more a month to get this service instead of the 500 Mbps service I am having installed next week. I am sure debating over it. That would double my speed, but just how fast is fast enough? If you hate waiting for downloads then I say it is worth it.

No comments: