Friday, January 12, 2018

Looking For a Woman to Court and Spark...

I was standing in Fred's this afternoon in the checkout line. I was getting next week's allotment of hard candy and a pack of large cotton t-shirts.

"Andrew!" a voice said excitedly and loudly catching me off guard.

It was a lady named Jane I went to high school with. Oh boy, do I remember Jane. I wouldn't give her the time of day back then and she would come on so strongly sexually. I was so glad I was neatly dressed in nice clothes. I was actually presentable for yet another day.

"How are you old friend?" she asked.

"I am fine," I replied bashfully awkwardly giving her a hug. "You look really great!"

It was her turn to blush under all that makeup she was wearing. She gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her sometime. I meekly said I would.

"He's a good customer of ours," the nosey cashier, Wanda, chimed in boastfully interjecting her thoughts.

I said goodbye with another hug and walked out to my car kind of shaken.

You all know I won't make that phone call. I would be a nervous wreck and make a fool out of myself. The thought was nice though. She's probably married with three kids by now most likely anyway.

2 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

You never know... she could be single. And, she could be a good friend (romantic or not) for you. I think it would be creatively helpful for you to have friends outside of your family. She could be nice, your neighbor George could be nice. And, even the old George could be nice.

I think you would feel more vibrant, more inspired, more creative, and more a part of the world if you tried to foster these friendships.

PipeTobacco

Sharyn said...

But remember when you worked at Walmart and had that romance with Kim? Or Stacy? (I don't remember her name!) You guys were quite serious, I thought. She bought a $600 bed, you bought a $400 dog....Or do I have the wrong guy? Didn't you get Old George a job pushing carts?