Thursday, January 04, 2018

The Short Road to the Piggly Wiggly...

My father was worried about me tonight. He felt something must be done about my lack of groceries.

"What do you have to eat?" he asked. "Surely, you are out of food by now."

He had brought me a jumbo fish platter from Captain D's for supper for Maggie and I. Dad looked in my kitchen and in my refrigerator and they were pretty much barren. You could've called me the condiment king.

"What do you want to do?" my usually decisive father asked me as he stood in the kitchen looking perplexed.

"Let's run over to the Piggly Wiggly and get me enough food to get by until Monday," I replied with my bright idea.

I was feeling much better than I was just a few hours ago.

"Sounds like a good plan," my tired father replied. "Let's get in and get out."

The Piggly Wiggly is so nice -- much nicer than when George and I hung out down there all the time. I got a pretty good bit of food with my father's help. It didn't take us but 15 minutes to shop and check out. They even had my coveted lemon meringue pie I love so much. They had quite a few as a matter of fact.

"We're coming back here next Monday to do our shopping," my father told me stalwartly. "That store is much nicer than Kroger and they had everything that you wanted. They are now open until ten as well."

I said it sounds like a good idea to me. I get tired of Kroger never having what I need and the shelves and items are always helter skelter.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

And no running into Jermaine!