Tuesday, January 09, 2018

He Shoots! He Scores!

Maggie started whining and yelping loudly from in the den. I looked up from my computer and Charlie was here. What a nice surprise. He was carrying a Zaxby's box as he walked across the yard. I hurried to the front door.

"I thought you could use some more chicken," Charlie said smiling with a laugh.

I would be a fool to complain about the chicken. Zaxby's tenders are 10X tastier than the KFC chicken strips and the Zaxby's sauce rocks!

"Your daddy said you shopped at the Piggly Wiggly last night," Charlie then told me. "I have never liked Kroger since they banned Horsefly from coming in and getting his shaving cream -- said he was scaring the customers. Janice and I shop at Givorn's."

Charlie wanted to check the filter on my heating and air. He wrote down the dimensions and was soon on his way again. Charlie's visits are fleeting, but much enjoyed.

"I'll be back in about an hour with you a new filter," Charlie said escaping through the front door.

Our Wild Weather...

If you can believe it, it got up to 68°F or about 19° degrees Celsius today. It was 43° degrees and raining when I was loading up my car with groceries last night. I wore shorts and a t-shirt to go get my cigarettes off my father's back porch. Samantha was on the back deck basking in the sun thoroughly enjoying this weather. Could I wish for a thundershower reminiscent of summer?

No comments: