Sunday, January 07, 2018

A Cut Above...

Charlie gave me his best haircut yet tonight. I feel and look like a brand new man. Charlie then shampooed my hair and that is so luxurious to me. He massaged my scalp thoroughly. That means I don't have to hide my head and hair under the multitudes of baseball caps I own for awhile. At least for a couple of months in time for another haircut.

"I wish I still had hair," Charlie said wistfully with a chuckle. "You have pretty hair Andrew."

Dad sat on the couch with Maggie watching Forensic Files as Charlie snipped away (he couldn't figure out how to change the channels). They left and were soon back with Little Caesar's pizza for our usual Sunday night meal. Pizza was my request tonight as KFC has just gotten plain old. Charlie got me the chicken strip fill-up meal last week and I just fed them to Maggie -- my canine food disposal unit. I ate the mashed potatoes and gravy and my cookie.

Medications First...

To Skinny Minny and Glittermom, I have to be very careful about my medications and to not take their importance lightly. I goofed and ended up taking my noon dose about 6 PM the other day after sleeping the day away. That's not good and I am going to start taking them on a nighttime schedule until I cycle back to a diurnal existence. I am going to take my usual noon dosage at midnight tonight which will be in about 30 minutes. I probably need one of these devices that will alarm me to take my crazy meds at the correct time. I better not play too fast and loose with my medications or my father will take control of them again.

Eat Up For Tomorrow May Never Come...

Last night, Old Fuss and Feathers cooked supper and it was delicious. We had roast beef hash and a fresh pan of cornbread. One way I relish eating cornbread is with a large glass of milk to wash it all down with. That is just so delicious to me.

"You have your mother's ability and flair for cooking," I told my father last night with much sincerity.

Dad is only human and eats up such accolades. My grandmother was a most wonderful cook of the highest order.

"Was it good?" my father asked fishing for another compliment.

"It was delicious," I replied.

Still On For the Piggly Wiggly...

I am steadfastly resolved to do my grocery shopping at the Piggly Wiggly tomorrow night. Dad reaffirmed my resolve tonight saying it is up to me. He is going to meet me there at 9 PM which is around 9:30 PM Old Fuss and Feather time. I should be finished shopping by the time he arrives. The first thing that is going into my grocery cart is a big can of Poss' brunswick stew. You can't get that at Kroger.

1 comment:

Kran's Crackers said...

Have you considered either an alarm clock or some kind of alert on your computer to remind you when it's time to take your pills? Even if you're asleep, maybe an alarm can wake you long enough to take them?
- Sharon