Monday, January 08, 2018

To the Pig We Shall Go...

"Are you still up for the Piggly Wiggly?" dad asked me over the phone this afternoon. "Do they have those Marie Callender meals?"

I chuckled. He's absolutely obsessed with those meals.

"I am sure they do," I replied. "Or they will have something similar or equivalent like Stouffer's."

I had just woken up so I sounded kind of dopey. My father remarked upon this.

"You need to get you some meals tonight. Get the ones with vegetables in them."

Vegetables just swimming in a creamy alfredo sauce most likely. Yeah, that's healthy.

I just looked out the window and it is just pouring down rain here and the radar doesn't look like it is going to let up anytime soon. This will complicate matters. At least it is relatively balmy here today being 47°F or 8°C.

"Did you call the WOW! guy?" I then asked my father with much anticipation and hope.

I had told him to call last night and he said he would.

"I called him, but he hasn't called me back," my father replied.

My hopes were deflated. How hard can this get? It makes me want to act ugly with my father and the WOW! guy, but then I will never get the much faster internet being an asshole. I just have to smile, grin, bear it, and hope for the best.

No comments: