Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Tuna Time...

I made the best tuna salad tonight if I do say so myself. It was nothing fancy. Just some hard-boiled eggs, minced celery, sweet pickle relish, and mayonnaise.  I also added a few dashes of hot sauce to give it some zest. It got Maggie's seal of approval as well. I ate two sandwiches and she had the pleasure of one.

I'll Probably Rarely Turn It On, But...

We had decided not to get me a new TV months ago as I was going to drop cable from my cable/internet/phone plan. Now, since I am going to get the lifeline tier of cable TV, dad decided to go ahead and get me a new TV. Charlie came and measured the dimensions of the television pocket in my entertainment center tonight. It turns out it will accommodate a 32" TV. As usual, he came and went in a flash.

"I am going to get you a Sony television," Charlie told me rolling up his measuring tape. "They seem to last longer."

Well, I am a big Sony fan and heartily approved. I expect Charlie to pull up any minute with a new TV for me. He said he was headed to Walmart when he left about an hour ago.

Hetty Wainthropp Investigates...

I am really enjoying this British television show at the moment. Public television occasionally airs episodes and it is easily found on the web. It stars Patricia Routledge who you will instantly recognize as Hyacinth Bucket from Keeping Up Appearances.

An interview with Patricia about the series...

https://youtu.be/VTs9sA9R_k4

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I like the look of your new, grey background. It has a modern art feel and is classy looking, IMO.

PipeTobacco