Thursday, January 11, 2018

Brand New Man...


"You got so many compliments at the drug store today," my father told me tonight excitedly as he sat down on my couch. "Tristan said she didn't recognize you at first and she is kind of clueless, dour and not much one for compliments."

I blushed and said thanks. For some reason, I was expecting bad news tonight. That old doom and gloom feeling I get sometimes. It was nice to get the compliments. This old Charlie Brown is turning over a new leaf.

"It is my New Year's resolution to dress nicely and keep myself looking presentable," I told my father. "It is amazing what a good haircut can do for a man's self-esteem."

"Everybody bragged on you," he said. "Sandra said you had never looked better."

I called Charlie tonight to thank him for the haircut and I gave him many accolades over the phone. I got his voice mail and left him a message. I am sure he will call me back before it gets too late.

No comments: