Saturday, January 13, 2018

When Busy Gets Busy...

Maggie and I got a nice surprise this afternoon. Charlie stopped by on his way to take Horsefly to his matinee. He had a plate of supper Janice cooked (pork chops and rice), two leaded regular cokes, cigarettes, and my six diet Cokes for the day. I was just thrilled to death at this curbside service. It was only 35°F outside and I dreaded driving to Papa's house to get my Cokes and cigarettes in this weather. I was just about to call my father and set up a rendezvous.

"You look really nice," Charlie said at what I was wearing. "We are not going to wait so long to cut your hair next time."

I told him I was all dressed up with nowhere to go as he chuckled. I am sticking to my New Year's resolution.

"Since you are all dressed up, you can go to the movies with us!" Charlie said.

One of these days I am going to take Charlie up on that offer.

Maggie and I slept from 4 AM to 4 PM so I hadn't been up long when Charlie arrived. It was like breakfast in bed. Maggie and I were so very glad to see Charlie.

Charlie fed and watered Maggie and soon he was on his way -- a whirlwind visit as usual. Charlie is like a man on a mission. On his behalf, the car was cranked and Horsefly was sitting in the backseat.

No comments: