Friday, January 19, 2018

Just Call Me Slick...

There are still a lot of slick spots on the road. I had to be really careful going over to my father's house this afternoon. Charlie hasn't worked all week -- contentedly painting his new house. He can't make it that far to Dadeville. He tried this morning to go into work and State Troopers turned him around saying a jack-knifed semi was up the road.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked my father as I plopped down in the chair in his den.

"I'm fine today, but I have been swigging Kaopectate occasionally," he replied.

"I've got the bug today," I told Old Fuss and Feathers. "I can't be too far from a bathroom."

"Damn you!" I said with a good-natured laugh. "You gave me this shit!"

Dad gave me some money to go buy some Kaopectate at Fred's. Fred's had yet another new cashier. You can't keep up with them all. It is like a revolving door. I was sure to bring the change and receipt back to him before heading home. I got some Pepto Bismal and sour Skittles candy as well making full use of the money my father gave me.

Despite being addled with a stomach bug and cramps, I was in good spirits and dad and I were laughing and joking about various things.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Oh my goodness, when I was still imbibing sugar, Sour Skittles was my 'drug' of choice! I would buy and eat a box every night while watching TV. I didn't dare buy more because I'd eat them all.

I kind of miss them!