Thursday, January 18, 2018

Don't Pass it Around...

"Ugh," Old Fuss and Feathers said as he sat down on my couch tonight. "I feel like I am getting a stomach bug."

"Don't give it to me!" I chuckled and grabbed my Cokes from his hands hoping we weren't transferring cooties.

"I really do think I am coming down with a bug," my father said. "I was constipated and now I have diarrhea."

Dad then coughed really vigorously and loudly and I turned my head in defense.

Luckily, I rarely get sick, but I am one pitiful little baby of a soul when I do. Whine, bitch, and moan.

"I got some Kaopectate when I left the store tonight," he said. "I am going to take some when I get home."

Fussy Feathers had to rush and use my bathroom while he was over here.

I've felt out of sorts today myself. I can't seem to get enough sleep. I am cycling again and I am in the insomnia phase of my trials that happen from time to time. I did manage to get 4 hours of sleep this afternoon on the bed in the computer room. It drove Maggie crazy as she cannot jump up on that bed as it is very high. I have to pick her up and put her on the bed and we both barely fit as it is just a twin bed.

Please Don't Run Out of Smokes...

George came over this morning wanting to borrow some cigarettes. He usually rolls his own but felt he couldn't get into West Point to buy tobacco and rolling papers.

"You can make it," I told him assuredly. "The roads are about clear."

"Sorry to bother you," George said.

"You're not bothering me," I replied to George. "That's what neighbors are for -- to help out each other."

I also noticed George felt emboldened by his trip for tobacco and made it to the Waffle House for lunch. I bet he was starving. I have never seen him buy or carry in groceries into his house.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Men are the worst when sick, big Babies! Maybe from their mothers when they were little they were babied. Sons are always closest to their Moms.