Sunday, January 28, 2018

You Can Set Your Clock By George...


I am being the consummate nosey neighbor early today. This morning at 6 AM I heard George crank his Dodge Caravan and pull out of the driveway headed to the Waffle House. He does this every morning at the very same time. I bet he gets the same thing to eat every time as well. Probably the two porkchop breakfast that he told me one time he likes.

Dad was over here for awhile the other night when George turned on his porch light and preceded to crank his car and just sit out there. He does this all day long probably ten or more times a day.

"What is he doing?" my father asked intrigued looking out my porch door.

My father can be very nosey himself.

"It is his version of drinking and driving without doing any actual driving," I told my father. "He does it all day and he is going to wear his starter motor out on that engine."

Since I built a new computer and placed it on the kitchen table, I have been better able to see what George is doing out the kitchen window near me. He sits out there drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette while he listens to the radio with the car cranked. The temperature or weather are no deterrent.

"I often did the same thing," I told my father. "I would go sit out in the car, listen to the radio, and drink a beer and smoke years ago. There is something cathartic about it."

No comments: