Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!


The weather can be deceiving. It is 49° degrees here and sunny. A hundred miles to our north it is 32° degrees and snowing. They say the temperature should drop precipitously as the day goes on. We are predicted to get up to 2 inches of the white stuff -- far more than our cousins to the north. I am just thrilled to death. I love interesting weather -- a gene my father's side of the family seems to carry. I usually sleep until 4 PM but got on up to watch the weather. I am sure I will feel like the dregs of society by the time it actually starts snowing.

Much Ado About Nothing...

I just drove over to my father's house on this beautiful day. I was getting my emergency rations of cigarettes. Old Fuss and Feathers keeps them on the porch in a Ziploc bag on a chair. Maggie ran outside to give me the three salute sendoff -- barking like a mad dog. Samantha seemed embroiled in a battle with another grey and white cat. She was puffed up like a powder puff trying to make herself appear larger than she actually is. .

1 comment:

skinny minny said...

don't let current weather temps fool ya we were rainy and 45 at like 4am and by 6 we were sleeting/freezing raining and 27 this thing comes in hard and fast
Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous today freezing rain, sleet and currently snow