Saturday, September 15, 2018

A Day With a Quercus…

grumpy old manI spent most of the day in the shade of a Quercus, or what is commonly called an oak tree. I was waiting for trains and staying out of the sun as I would burn to a crisp as fair skinned am I. I saw a few trains as I listened to the Auburn game on my trusty little Sony radio. Auburn got beat and I remember gulping loudly. There goes my father’s mood until we win again. He will be surly, grumpy, and likely to drink more wine in the upcoming week.

I arrived home and checked the weather radar as I normally do. I wasn’t expecting anything as we only had a 10% chance of storms. Well, a complex of storms was heading out of Atlanta and making its way South. It held together for the most part and we got a good rain out of those storms. I was very pleased and so was my lawn. It was a one in a million type of deal. 

1 comment:

glittermom said...

There’s more important things then being that upset over a football game. Was your father into football when you were growing up too?